Wednesday, December 4, 2013

No Sew Fleece Blanket for Puppy

A couple weekends ago I made a second no-sew fleece blanket for our puppy Sterling.  He likes to go swimming in the pond then take naps on his blanket.  Needless to say it often stinks, so I made him a second blanket he can sleep on while the other is in the wash.

I found some great fleece fabric at Jo-Ann's that says "Super Dog Bow-Wow!" Adorable!  Plus it was 50% off. :)  I paired it with some red polka-dot fabric because I thought it looked comic bookish.  My puppy loved it.

Sterling loves his no-sew fleece blanket, and the selvage I cut off the edges...
Wondering how to make your own blanket?  It's easy as pie and quite relaxing.  The instructions are after the break.  (Sorry, no photos yet.  I'll add them next time I make a blanket!)

Materials:
  • 1 1/2 yards each of TWO different coordinating fleece fabrics
  • Scissors
Step 1:
Lay your fabrics on the floor wrong sides together.  Smooth the fabric out so there are no wrinkles.

Step 2:
Trim the fabric so that all four sides are flush and aligned and there is no selvage on the edges.  It doesn't have to be exactly perfect.

Step 3:
Cut a five inch square from each corner of your fabric.

Step 4:
Cut fringe down all four sides of your fabric.  The fringe should be spaced one inch apart and it should be five inches long (the same length as the squares you cut out of the corners).

Step 5:
Tie the fringe in knots.

And you're done!  Wasn't that easy?  Now you're going to want to make five more. :)

Happy crafting! :)

--CC

1 comment:

  1. Their pupy love abiding teeth activate to appear about four months.
    Be abiding to accept affluence of bite toys for your puppy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...