Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentines

Even if you're an adult handing out Valentines is still a nice way to remind friends that you care about them.  This year I made felt heart hair clips as little gifts to go along with my Valentines.


I just cut the felt into two sizes of hearts on different colors of felt, snipped little holes to slide bobby pins through on the bigger hearts, then used Steam-a-Seam to put them together.  (I bought the cheap sheets of craft felt instead of by-the-yard.  It cost me a whopping 30 cents and made about 16.) After they were assembled I did a little embellishing with embroidery around the edges.


 I used two bobby pins on each heart so that they would stay put in your hair.


 To hand them out I attached them to leftover store-bought Valentines from last year.  They already had little cuts in them to attach candies and temporary tattoos, so I just slid the bobby pins right through them.

And, of course, I made one to wear myself for Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

(Note: This post is scheduled to deliver on Valentine's Day instead of before so I don't ruin the surprise!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...