Thursday, July 21, 2011

Still in Missouri

Hello, blogland!  Just popping in to let you know I'm still in Missouri.  I've been having a good time visiting with my family, from going to the park in 97 degree weather with my 2-year-old niece and step-sister to shopping and lunch in the city with my mom.

On Monday I went to Johnson Shut-ins State Park with my mom and dad.  The park's trail runs along the rocky riverbed that runs through a mountain, and most people use the park to climb around in the river rocks and explore the different pools and waterfalls.


It's really slick and kind of scary climbing around.  I thought I was going to slip and hit my head, and I almost washed away down the river one time!


But, all in all, the park was really beautiful and we had a good time...
 

...especially making fun of the emergency preparedness signs.

We had to take this picture to show my Floridian friends what the "beach" is like in Missouri.  Sidenote:  This sign failed to mention the "condition" that sometimes the water is suddenly 40 feet deep.  Who knew?

Like running 200 steps up a hill is going to save you if the dam breaks.  The dam broke when I was a kid and devastated the area so much that the park was closed for 2 years.  Thanks for trying, I guess?
We'll be heading down to farmland in Portageville, MO to spend some time with my grandpa and step-grandma on Friday, then it's back home to Florida on Saturday!  Hopefully we'll get settled in and get the internet back on so I can get back to crafting! 

Again, my apologies for the extended blogging break (or at least the extended crafting break...).  You'll be glad to hear I have had a few tutorial ideas during my absence.  I hope all is well with you!  Happy crafting!

--CC

P.S. I can tell this post is poorly written, but can't figure out how to fix it seeing as it's one o'clock in the morning and it's about a bajillion degrees in the room I'm writing from.  Sorry! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...