Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Handmade Thank You Cards

I'm finally back online!  And, boy, am I glad.  I've really missed connecting with all you other crafters out there.  But just a heads-up, still expect my posts to be slow going.  I'm still in the process of unpacking from the move, plus now I'm in full force job hunt/interview mode.  So sorry if I remain scarce! 

Nonetheless, today I thought I'd share a few thank-you cards I made recently.  When we got back from our trip to Missouri, I owed a few people my gratefulness.  I think handcrafted cards go the extra mile in showing gratitude and thoughtfulness.  Added bonus: handmade thank you cards are perfect for a tight budget!

So, first, I needed to send a thank you card to my grandpa for showing us lovely hospitality when we stayed with him for part of our visit.  Green, blue and yellow were my inspiration for this card because when I think of my grandpa I think of the sky, the sun and helping him in his flourishing, green garden.  So I came up with this card:


Next up I needed to send my mom a thank you card for being the best ever.  (Have I mentioned she came all the way to Florida from Missouri to drive the moving truck for us?  Or that she loaned me a bunch of money to help me finish my last semester of school and get started in my new career?  Seriously, I couldn't be more thankful for having such a supportive mom!) 

Anyway, I used a similar layout and inspiration on my mom's card.  My mom always calls purple her "signature" color, and, like my grandpa (her dad), she loves some time in her garden.  So I gathered some purple supplies I already had on hand and some garden-y elements and whipped up this card for her:


Now, I've never claimed to be the best scrapbooker.  In fact, I think of myself as pretty lousy when it comes to scrapbooking.  I just get so overwhelmed by all the pretty things I could put on the page!  But I do think these cards turned out pretty well, don't you?


And I even went as far as to upcylcle some envelopes out of old paper grocery bags.

See how there are three envelopes here but I've only shown you two cards?  That's 'cause one of them stunk!
I got a little creative and left the printed side facing out on my mom's.  I think it gives it a little extra bit of individuality and cuteness.


That's all I have ready for you right now, but I've got some more posts lined up for you if I can just pull them together.  So stay tuned!

Until next time, happy crafting!

--CC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...