Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Stockings

I completed my first tutorial! I used this stocking tutorial from Noodlehead to make four stockings for my "family" (i.e. Me, my boyfriend, the cat and the dog).




The tutorial was easy to follow--perfect for my first sewing project! I'd recommend it to any other beginning sewers out there.

I did notice a few things:

  1. The tutorial tells you to add a couple of inches to the top of the pattern when you're cutting out the fabric. I did this on the first stocking and it was way too much. On the next three I didn't add any extra fabric and it worked just fine.
  2. It took a lot longer than the tutorial said it would! However, this is probably because I'm such a new sewer.
I did two of the stockings in green snowflake fabric with red trim and two with red fabric and green trim. I think they look great together!





All in all, I think they turned out pretty well with only minor mistakes here and there. I love the hand emboidered nameplates. They really brought some more Christmas cheer to my living room!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...