Sunday, June 26, 2011

Housekeeping: Social Media

I jumped on the bandwagon.


And I admit it.  Pinterest is awesome.  If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a social bookmarking website.  I think it's a little like if Wanelu, Delicious and Twitter all got together and had a baby.  Awe. Some.

But, if you don't use any of those websites, here's another description:  Pinterest allows you to "pin" anything from anywhere on the internet onto your own virtual idea boards.  You can use it for making a shopping wishlist, organizing helpful links, keeping track of tutorials you want to use...you name it!  Plus, you can see what others with similar interests have bookmarked to find new great stuff for yourself. 

I'm hooked already.  So go follow me on Pinterest!  (If you don't have an account yet, I'd be more than happy to send you an invite.)

Which brings us to today's discussion!

I've really wanted to find a way to give you guys more control of your experiences with CraftyCritique.  I want to see what you're making and hear from you, because my goal with this blog is to inspire you, after all!  So, using Pinterest yesterday I got the idea to create a board for CraftyCritique.  I made the board public so you all can pin your own crafty creations on the board.  So if you made something using a tutorial here and uploaded it somewhere online, I'd love for you to pin it!

And while I was at it, I got around to finally creating some other social media accounts for crafty critique.  I made y'all a new Flickr group where you can show off what you've made using tutorials or inspiration from this blog...


A Facebook page where you can follow along with my crafting as well as upload your own pictures and comments...



And a Twitter account for just one more way to stay connected. :)



I've updated the sidebar to include links to all the social media I just mentioned if you decide you want to use them now or later.  ------->>>>

So if you're already a user of these websites (or if you wanna be), go follow and like away!

Until next time, happy crafting!

--CC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...