Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Birthday

Saturday was my birthday and even though I didn't throw an elaborately crafty party, I thought you might to see a bit of my day.

It started with a special delivery from my mom...

Thanks mom!
I wanted to take it kind of easy, so my boyfriend took me window shopping at all my favorite home decor stores.  We found this tiny party hat so I stopped for a photo op.


We went to see a movie and then we went to my favorite local Greek restaurant, Acropolis.



There was delicious food...




Dancing...


And, in Greek tradition, the breaking of plates to scare bad spirits away from our party.

Broken Plates
Next stop, home for cake!

My lovely boyfriend made and decorated this cake for me.  Awww. <3


I added extra animal toothpicks to my cake.
...and I invited a friend.  What?

And there were presents, of course.


This toaster pastry kit was my "little something" so I'd have a present to open on my actual birthday.  I got my real present from my boyfriend (a new sewing machine!) a few weeks ago. I also got some fabric store gift cards from my boyfriend and his family and a few cards with treasures in the mail from friends and family. Thanks everyone for making me feel so special on my birthday!

Even if it wasn't your birthday I hope you had a marvelous weekend!  :)  We'll be back to crafting soon, I promise.

Until then, opa! ;)

--CC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...