Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Scrappy Fourth of July Wreath

This morning this post showed up on my dashboard and made me realize I have absolutely no Fourth of July decorations up.  What shame!  I wasn't going to let Cher show me up, so I climbed over a bunch of boxes to get to my crafting stash to see what kind of red, white and blue thing I could whip up.  This is what I had:


So I decided to throw it all together into a scrappy wreath.  And, let me tell you, it felt good to be crafting again for a change!  I cannot wait until this move is over!  But anyway...I just wrapped all the red, white and blue scrap fabric I could find around a straw wreath that my friend Alejandra brought over a few days ago.  I tied and hot glued the fabric in place and added some embellishments to spruce it up. 


I whipped up a couple of loopy flowers with some leftover red and white felt and hot glued them down.  I think they look like fireworks kinda, don't you?



I also used some leftover Christmas ribbon to tie a bow above the loopy flowers and hot glued on a bunch of white buttons above that to complete the look.



I think it turned out pretty well.  I especially like how the red and white stripped fabric next to the blue and white polka dot fabric looks sort of like a flag.



I'm sure you all have much more sophisticated decorations than this for fourth of July, but with the move this is all I could manage.  So let me see what you've made for fourth of July!  Upload your crafty creations in the Flickr pool and I promise to show them off here for you. :)



Until next time, happy crafting!

--CC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...