Monday, April 18, 2011

Informal Tutorial Review: Love Mail Valentines Tutorial from Noodlehead

Hello from Missouri!  I'm still on my trip but I haven't forgotten about you.  In fact, today I did a little craft project.

You might remember seeing this around Valentine's Day on Noodlehead.  I remembered it a few days back and thought, "You know, this could be easily modified for Easter."  But with all I've had going on, I'd forgotten all about it.

I scheduled my flight home so that my mom could still go to work today, so I had a few hours to kill this afternoon.  I decided to throw together the Easter version of the love mail tutorial and mail it off to my honorary nieces and nephews (i.e. my boyfriend of five years' actual nieces and nephews).  Since I'm without a car, I traipsed off to the corner store to get supplies.  How convienient to be in a tiny town, eh?  It took me just about as long to walk to the store as it does for me to walk to my mailbox in my apartment complex back home.  Wow!

And just on a side note, I haven't been to Missouri in the spring in three years and I sure have forgotten how beautiful springtime is here.  I really enjoyed my walk up to the store.  Here are a few snapshots so you can enjoy the beauty, too:




The craft aisle at this store was extremely limited (I'm talking crayons and poster board and that's pretty much it), so I ended up buying colorful cardstock gift tags and a clear, polka-dotted gift bag and cutting them up to be what I needed.  Then, borrowing my mom's sewing machine (which was a lot nicer than my own!), I sewed around the edges, stuffed in some jelly beans and sewed the tops shut.  They turned out pretty cute.



Then I scribbled the addresses on the back, stuck on some stamps and dropped them in the mailbox.


Certainly a fun and easy tutorial that can be used for various holidays if you've got little ones in your family.  Hopefully they'll make it there in time and don't get confiscated by USPS.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm off to gather my luggage and hop on a plane now.  It's back to work/school tomorrow, but I promise some pictures from the wedding and some craft projects I came up with on my trip soon.  Happy crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...