Monday, April 11, 2011

Tutorial Review PEEPS Bunny Bunting Tutorial Review

I took a little time to myself this weekend to do a few craft projects.  I felt I deserved it after all the hard work I've been doing lately, and I finally finished the PEEPS Bunting from MADE that had been sitting half finished since the middle of March.  At last my St. Patrick's Day decorations are down and my Easter decorations are up!  It's about time!


In hindsight, I probably could have gotten to finish them sooner.  I'd already had them all cut out and painted, and since I only did one layer of bunnies it took all of five minutes to sew them down to my pastel polka-dotted ribbon.



 Can you see the resemblance?  I'm so happy with how they turned out.  I bet you want to make some for your home now, so here's the rundown of the tutorial.


Accuracy: 10
Clarity of Directions: 10 
Helpfulness of Pictures: 10 
Difficulty: 1 
Overall Rating: 10
Time: ~1 hr. (not including drying) 
Recommended

Details:


You can't really get any more simple than bunting.  That's why I love it so much.  It's so easy, cheap and versatile, so there's no problem switching even as often as every few weeks for different holidays.

There's not really much to say about this tutorial.  Except for the time it took for the fabric paint to dry, this tutorial took no time at all to finish.  Cutting out the bunnies was the most time consuming part.  The project probably would have taken a little more time than that if I had have used the double layers of bunnies like Dana suggested, but I opted not to since I have a dislike of small curves and I didn't have much time.  They might look a little more polished with two layers, but if you're like me and want to skip out on the second layer, they'll still look just fine.

I used a Q-tip to paint the eyes and noses onto the bunnies and that worked really well and meant that I could just throw away the Q-tip when I was finished to avoid any clean-up.  Dana's instructions to paint the eyes really far apart and the nose really high up was definitely a helpful tip and they came out looking like real PEEPS bunnies.

Not much else to say on the project, other than I would definitely recommend it as a cute, fun and quick sprucer-upper for Easter.  It could probably even be thrown together last-minute for a preschool Easter party or and Easter brunch.  So throw one together using Dana's tutorial, and don't forget to munch on some PEEPS while you're at it! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...