Saturday, August 6, 2011

Antiquing in Missouri

One day while we were in Missouri I went antiquing with my mom.  Normally I find antiquing boring, but I was surprised what I good time I had this time!  We found sooo many neat things!  (See?  I used multiple O's, implying that there were a lot a lot of neat things.)  Here are just a few things I thought you all, as crafters, might also find neato burrito:

Antique sewing bust.

Antique tailor's measuring tape.

This was the most awesome thing ever to hold thread...

...except it was $400.
 Click "read more" for the rest of this super long post full of pics! :)

All kinds of antique sewing notions and fabric.

This is a tailor's ham, which I'd never heard of until my mom explained it to me.
We also spotted this beautiful antique filing cabinet, which I thought would be great for my future-lawyer boyfriend.  Alas, it was $4000 and that wasn't quite in my budget.  Lol.


And then there were these beautiful fans:


And this funny handkerchief:



So cute!

And of course there were a ton of other awesome things we saw.  Vintage sewing patterns and fabrics, a giant wood and glass display case, tables made out of old non-electric singer sewing machines, and a coffee table that looked a lot like this one from Pottery Barn I'd been longing for:

Image Source.
Sorry, I didn't snap a picture of the antique (because we got kicked out of the shop because they were closing...).

I wished I could take home all of it with me, but since we had limited space in the car (and limited budgets), I only ended up with two couple things.  These cool vintage clothes hangers:



 I figured I could use them as decor in my new sewing room (more on that later!).

And I also spotted this really awesome, old 7-Up crate:



It's the same concept as these that they sell at Pottery Barn...

Image Source.
 ...except it's real and I only paid $7 for this one instead of $24!  It adds a fun touch to my living room decor, plus it's useful for stashing DVDs and an umbrella (since I have it right next to the front door).


I'm pleased with my finds and happy to say I think I'll be doing more antiquing!  Until next time, happy crafting!

--CC

P.S. Sorry about the quality of these pictures...I didn't have time to edit them and most of them were snapped with my phone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...