Friday, August 5, 2011

Hey! I designed my own template!

Did you notice my blog's new makeover?  Yesterday I woke up and decided to try and make my own template.  After neglecting my boyfriend and dog all day and skipping lunch, I accomplished my goal!

I started with a blank canvas in Photoshop and used free stock images, Pantones and other junk to create the images.  Then I applied it to my blog with HTML and CSS.  Wow!  I didn't know I could do that! I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Photoshop and coding, so I just kept googling what to do next.  Lol.

I'm really proud, although there are still some kinks to work out with the way the background is tiling.  What do you think?

--CC

EDIT:  I looked at the layout on my boyfriend's computer to make sure it worked right at different resolutions, and I noticed the fonts weren't showing up on his screen.  I don't know if it's just his computer or if I have a problem.  If you could tell me what your fonts look like that would really help!  Thanks! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the new layout! I like it :) Everything looks good on my side even the font, this is on a Mac if you wanted to know... Enjoying reading your posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you probably know this by now but different computers have different fonts on them. In your CSS you needed to select the 2 names of the font because the fonts have different names;eg.font-family: arial, helvetica a PC would have arial but not helvetica but a apple mac would have helvetica not arial however helvetica and arial are almost the same font.
    i have just done this at school we used a website called HTML dog this is what the section in CSS beginner, text is saying.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day, so comment away! (Hey, that rhymes!) As always, thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...